Student of of the Month Story

Who - Ciana Hardy
What - won Student of the Month
Where - Bowie Highschool
When - April 2017
Why - Because she is a hardworking student
How - By being elected by teachers 


STORY:
After hours of careful consideration and discussion, Bowie Highschool teachers recently chose the new April Student of the Month. They agreed unanimously that sophomore Ciana Hardy was the ideal candidate because of her top grades and hardworking personality. The Student of the Month award is highly prestigious, and only the school's top students are selected.


Hardy has continually proven to her teachers and her peers that she has what it takes to succeed both in and outside of the classroom. She applies herself to her studies with a diligence and positivity unmatched by any other student in the school. 


Hardy has built strong relationships with her teachers this year. 

"I always treat them with respect, and I have a presence in the classroom," said Hardy.

The teachers Hardy has had this year have also guided her and given her important advice.
"The best advice I've gotten from a teacher this year is that if you don't try know, it will be harder later," Hardy said.

Education is very important to Hardy, and although she hasn't chosen a career, she plans on going to college.
"College is necessary if you want to advance in a field," said Hardy.


In order to maintain her high GPA, Hardy uses several studying strategies. 

"I study best when I'm in a quiet place with no music and no distractions," Hardy said. 

In addition to applying studying techniques, Hardy spends a lot of time on homework.
"I usually spend  three or more hours everyday on homework," said Hardy, "but I've learned to manage my time."

While English is Hardy's favorite subject, she knows that there is more to school than the classes,
"The most important part of school is learning to be around and working with your peers," said Hardy.

Hardy is always striving to perform at a high level and accomplish all over her goals.
She said, "I am inspired to work hard in the classroom because I want to make my parents proud."

In addition to her parents, Hardy also looks up to her grandpa.
"He is my biggest role model," Hardy said, "because he is the hardest working in the family."

















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Warm Up

Finals Review

Personal Essays